We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

furnace creek to grand canyon

ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
furnace creek to grand canyon

hi

Travelling to Las Vegas mid July for approx 1 wk from Furnace Creek - to include a couple of days at Grand Canyon before moving on to San Diego.

Is it feasible to travel directly to GC or should I stop enroute - google maps are not always that accurate re times.

Any help would be much appreciated

tom

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: furnace creek to grand canyon

Its a bit over 400 miles and about a 7 hour drive, thus feasible but a long drive. Americans would find this fairly easy and the roads are good.

You have to go through Las Vegas to get there so that would be an obvious stop. Las Vegas is less than 3 hours from Death Valley.

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: furnace creek to grand canyon

I'm sure you must know that Death Valley in July can reach 50C during the day.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
640 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: furnace creek to grand canyon

MAPQUEST is what I've always used for route/drive times.

Do you mind if I ask where you are flying in to and out of? That way we can get a visual idea of what to recommend.

Also, are you thinking of visiting the north rim of the GC or the south rim?

4. Re: furnace creek to grand canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 19:18