We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Flying" over Death Valley

Which Death Valley Junction hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,245 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
"Flying" over Death Valley

This story has been in the news today. More people are using drones to take pictures in Yosemite, and the NPS is not thrilled.

www.ksl.com/index.php…

For Death Valley visitors, here are the park regulations about aircraft and other manmade things that fly. When I first began frequenting DV in the mid 80s, there was a sign at Dante's View saying "No Hang Gliding Air Deliveries." Today, the issues are different but the principle is the same: to protect public safety and park features and resources, and ensure the most enjoyable experience for everyone.

nps.gov/deva/…aircraft

LA
Level Contributor
9,326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: "Flying" over Death Valley

I cannot imagine how incredibly annoying and intrusive a drone would be when you have the privilege of visiting some of the isolated and preserved areas of our National Parks.

LA
Level Contributor
9,326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: "Flying" over Death Valley

Here's a posting from the Yosemite climbing community.

supertopo.com/climbers-forum/2400884/No-dron…

And I agree

3. Re: "Flying" over Death Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 06:15