We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near Bethlehem

Haworth, New Jersey
Level Contributor
169 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast near Bethlehem

Hi...anyone got a good suggestion for a hearty breakfast near Bethlehem. The hotel offerings are not worth the price and we would like to get a good start before heading home north.

easton, pa
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near Bethlehem

My husband and I just ate at Johnny's Bagel and Deli located 1/2 block down the street from the Hotel Bethlehem. Our order consisted of bottled OJ, a huge bagel, a 3 egg Western omelet, eggs sunnyside with toast for less than 15 bucks. There are a few sidewalk tables for outside eating, too. Delicious, filling meal!

If you're looking for an easy on/off highway place, there's a Perkins located 1/2 mile off the 191 exit on Route 22 heading east.

Haworth, New Jersey
Level Contributor
169 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near Bethlehem

Thanks for the tips - I'm sorry I read them too late. BUT, for all tripadvisors...thank you ...

based on reviews we ventured into Bethlehem and found Billy's Downtown Diner at 10 East Broad Street www.billysdiner.com.

Fantastic meal! The good news, despite a rather large crowd waiting outside, we (party of 7) were seated in 10 minutes. The owner Billy is also the doorman and personally greets all guests at each table. There is no ambiance whatsoever in the decor, but the music is great - diverse and cool. The food is a little slow in delivery, but well worth the wait. We had french toast, stuffed french toast (adorned with fresh fruits), quesadilla (thre's also a lunch menu), salmon Benedict, salmon omlette, snazzy pancakes (filled with strawberries, choc chips and peanut butter), and a great specialty drink call Iced Cocoa...there was not one complaint and we really enjoyed the meal. Billy's is a very busy place and could use a little help with bussing - I asked the waitress to do a second wipe on our table, and the floor could use sweeping more frequently, but the bathrooms were spotlessly clean.

If you are in this area, it's well worth the trip. Under $70 for 7 including several rounds of drinks (tea, coffee, juices, soda, and...iced cocoa). Charming staff too!

Bethlehem, PA
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near Bethlehem

Try the Blue Sky Cafe on 4th st. on the south side. It's a quaint little cafe, with a fantastic menu. Warning: the pancakes take 1/2 hour to order, because they make the batter from scratch for each order. They are very eggy and heavy, and a normal adult can only eat one. Great atmosphere, nice decor including gallaries of local artists, clean, huge mugs of coffee, good prices. they have their menu posted at http://www.theblueskycafe.com/. I'd recommend it for a "hearty" meal... just make sure you have time!

Haworth, New Jersey
Level Contributor
169 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near Bethlehem

yumm, you are making me want to drive down again just for breakfast! Thanks - we'll definietly check this out on the next visit (which may be in two weeks.)

easton, pa
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near Bethlehem

I live 20 minutes from these places and I've never heard of them! I'll have to visit them soon. Yum!

6. Re: Breakfast near Bethlehem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Bethlehem