We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bethlehem airport

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Bethlehem airport

Could anybody suggest me the best airport to go to Bethlehem?

We start in Europe - Prague. Is it a good idea to go to New York and continue by any public transport? Thank you for the advice.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bethlehem airport

Lehigh Valley International Airport is the closest (It is just north of Bethlehem), but I doubt you will find a direct flight from Prague.

If you fly into New York City, Newark Airport would be a better Choice than JFK.

Transbridge bus www.transbridgelines.com runs several busses a day from Newark to Bethlehem.

to get around Bethlehem you will need to rent a car, unless you are staying with friends or family.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bethlehem airport

ABE (Lehigh Valley International) is one of my favorite airports. No big city sass...friendly folks...clean & fast. If you can make a connection to get here, it's a nice way to come in & leave.

When I can't do ABE, I normally do PHL. I like it better than EWR. I think customs clearance is faster and the facilities are nicer. I won't touch the NYC airports (JFK or LGA). Driving through the city always involves ugliness.

Wind Gap...
Level Contributor
13 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bethlehem airport

I think JFK airport is the cheapest airport to fly in to and has the most international flights, if you are coming in from Europe. It is also the best to use if you need public transportation. You can catch a bus from the airport directly into Bethlehem. My husband and I did the opposite and took a bus from Bethlehem to JFK in order to fly to Rome and everything worked out well. I think bus tickets were about $36 from Trans-bridge Bus Company. This is probably your best bet if you need to rely on public transportation rather than renting a car to get you to Bethlehem. There may be buses from Newark, but I don't think they are as direct as the one from JFK. The bus line from Philly is confusing. If you plan on renting a car and driving to Bethlehem, then it will be easier to fly into Philly or even Newark (although both cities are pretty crime-ridden) then drive to Bethlehem because NYC traffic is atrocious sometimes, depending on the time of day. Leaving NYC during 3-8 pm is not a good idea usually.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bethlehem airport

Thank you very much for your advices. Very helpfull!

Best regards from Prague - Czech Republic. Hana

Wind Gap...
Level Contributor
13 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bethlehem airport

The tickets are $36 round trip from Bethlehem to JFK, so even less if you are only going one way.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bethlehem airport

I feel I need to clarify some of the information given in this thread.

According to Trans Bridge's website transbridgelines.com the one way fee between JFk and Bethlehem is $39.65 The roundtrip fee is $75.35

According to Transbridges website there are two busses a day to Bethlehem. The trip will take between 3 and 4 hours.

There are 9 busses a day between Newark Airport and Bethlehem. The trip is around 2 hours. The fee is $21.90 one way and $41.65 round trip.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 02 July 2012, 20:00
Wind Gap...
Level Contributor
13 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bethlehem airport

You're right about the fares, brookquarry. I was mistaken. They must have gone up or maybe I was confused. However, the schedule says a bus from JFK to Bethlehem leaves about every 1/2 hour - 1 hour, not just twice a day. The terminal that has the most buses is the 2012 Industrial drive one.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bethlehem airport

With all due respect,you need to look more closely at TransBridge's schedule.

The hourly departures you mention are from 'PABT' . This is the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhatten. There are only two Trans Bridge departures from JFK.

To get to the Port Authority Terminal a travelor would first need to take a bus from JFK to the terminal.

Edited: 03 July 2012, 12:13
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bethlehem airport

Many thanks again to all of you.

If you need anything from Czech Republic, welcome!

Best regards

Hana

10. Re: Bethlehem airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Bethlehem