We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging with Character

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging with Character

I'm planning on visiting Mammoth Lakes in a couple weeks. Can someone recommend a place to stay w/ character? Looking for that old western style/pioneer type of feel. TIA!

SFO-NRT-SIN-BKK
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging with Character

Hi, cosmo,

The Tamarack Lodge is a lovely inn. It has a beautiful lake setting and wonderful character. More info can be found at:

www.tamaracklodge.com

You are going at a perfect time of year. Enjoy :)

macintosh

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,533 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging with Character

I don't know of any lodging that has a "western" feel, but The Tamarack is beautiful and it's all cabins. Most of the lodging in Mammoth is condos, and just about everything has more of a "seventies" feel, than a pioneer feel. My joke is that furniture goes to Mammoth to die, it's all from the 1970s.

For all lodging: http://www.visitmammoth.com

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging with Character

Thanks for the responses. I was looking at Tamarack but was hesitant due to some of the negative reviews. It sounds like that my be my best bet. Appreciate the feedback.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
877 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging with Character

Is the Tamarack the place I stayed but did not like? I forgot but think it is. Where I stayed was ~40 from June Lake. The four star restaraunt had dishes that had wonderful ingredients...that did not go together. The cabins had bad showers, and uncomfortable bed and pillows.

Get answers to your questions about Mammoth Lakes