We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air conditioned units in Mammoth Lakes area in July

Which Mammoth Lakes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
air conditioned units in Mammoth Lakes area in July

Hello fellow travelers.

From the tribal knowledge in this forum, I see that air conditioning in July might be hard to come by at a decent price. Any recommendations on where to stay a reasonable price that has air conditioning, and, if I can be too demanding, comfy beds? Studio would be nice as we are traveling with our adult son.

Thank you to all who share and make this such a go-to resource!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air conditioned units in Mammoth Lakes area in July

What is reasonable to you? Do you have a nightly budget to work with? Reasonable is really reletive to each traveler.

I have not stayed in any condo that had air conditioning. When we pass the Quality Inn in the summer I see fans in the window which leads me to beleive they do not offer air conditioning.

The former Holiday Inn has been refurbished and is now a Best Western. They have air conditioning. I do not know if you feel the rates wwould be reasonable however:

www.highsierrahotel.com/room_amenities.php

Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air conditioned units in Mammoth Lakes area in July

Thank you for sharing.

Level Contributor
44 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air conditioned units in Mammoth Lakes area in July

The Westin has air conditioning and the studios and 1-bedrooms have kitchenettes and pullout sofas in the living rooms. Not as pricey as wintertime but definitely more expensive than other places in Mammoth. Hardly anyplace in Mammoth has air conditioning but it rarely gets above the upper 70s and evenings are cool.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air conditioned units in Mammoth Lakes area in July

>>Hardly anyplace in Mammoth has air conditioning but it rarely gets above the upper 70s and evenings are cool.<<

That is so not true. In July it can be hot hot hot in the day and not cool off at night. Even in the 80 s at that elevation it feels super hot and if it climbs to the 90s in the day it's really hot. The last 2 weeks of July this year had high temps in the mid 80s.We certainly would have liked air conditioning during all our July visits to Mammoth but there just isn't any.

In Juniper Springs the units can be really uncomfortable and if you are on the ground floor you may not be that crazy about keeping the windows open. We always took portable fans to keep the hot air moving around and then eventually stayed at Mammoth Greens where the rooms faced east so it didn't feel quite as hot.

5. Re: air conditioned units in Mammoth Lakes area in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 22:18