We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help, visa question!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Please help, visa question!

Hello

MY brother and i would like to travel to California early next year to do between 4-6 months (not exceeding 180 days) of snowboarding at the amazing resorts in California. We are most likley heading to Mammoth Lakes and will stay there the whole time or stay in South Tahoe and do the Tahoe resorts.

I understand we need a B2 visa for anything over 90days and am happy to obtain this. The only question is that if we are granted the visa what is the likleyhood we will be turned away at customs?

We will not work, we have plenty of funds to support ourselves (over £10,000 each) and can prove this and we both have partners and of course family we want to return to. We will also have return tickets.

I have heard horror stories of people being turned away by an over zealous custom official and i wondered what is the chance this will happen to us given all the above information?

Will we be granted upto 180 days in USA and is there anything more that we can do to prove we do not want to live in the USA!

1. Re: Please help, visa question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Mammoth Lakes