We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hike to Sky Meadows in early June?

Which Mammoth Lakes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
267 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hike to Sky Meadows in early June?

We will be in Mammoth Lakes the first week of June. I would like to do this hike for the wildflowers. Will they be blooming that early?

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,318 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hike to Sky Meadows in early June?

Typically, the wildflowers at 10,000 feet will be at their best in mid to late July. This year may be earlier but probably not the first week of June although some early varieties may well be on display if the ground is bare.

Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
267 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hike to Sky Meadows in early June?

Thanks. If you had just one hike then, would you hike Sky Meadow or drive a little ways further to Rock Creek Little Lakes Valley - again this would be early June?

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,318 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hike to Sky Meadows in early June?

I believe Rock Creek is an even higher trailhead. I don't live in the area and don't know what conditions are like currently. Normally, these trails are not accessible in early June to hikers.

If I were you, I'd wait until you are in the area and check with the ranger station. There's also a forecast of a winter storm coming in next weekend which could change conditions in the Sierra.

4. Re: Hike to Sky Meadows in early June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 06:19