We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake conditions

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
600 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Lake conditions

We are itching to go fishing. Can someone tell me status of Lake George, Lake Mary and Rock Creek in regards to snow and ice. Looks like some nice ones are being pulled out of Convict.

Thanks so much.

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
4,204 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake conditions

This isn't quite answering your question, but on Memorial Day we drove up the road to Lake Mary. The road was closed before we got to Horseshoe Lake. There was some snow on the ground, I assume that there is more snow as you get to Horseshoe Lake. Lake Mary looked pleasant with some patches of snow. No evidence of snow at the level of Twin Lakes. The waterfall was running into Twin Lakes. I saw no ice.

And you did not ask, but Bishop was in the upper 90s.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 19:51
Highland, California
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake conditions

My Dad and I were there on 06/06-8/14 and fished at Lake George. We each came out with full stringers each day and had some great fish dinners. The Lake is clear of ice and some snow can be seen on the South shore across the lake by the cabin on the rock. The fish were biting on orange and white mouse tails, garlic floating bait and a wooly bug on the surface. We had some cloud build up in the afternoon with winds coming across the lake from the South that chopped up the water. Winds calmed down by around 4:00 pm

Lake Mary was clear of ice and snow. All the lakes are full right now except Horse Shoe

The water fall coming down in to Twin Lakes is a sight to see.

3. Re: Lake conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Mammoth Lakes