We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phillies Tickets Hard to Get on Their Website?

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Phillies Tickets Hard to Get on Their Website?

We are planning on attending a Phillies/Tigers game in June at CB Park and tickets have not gone on sale for the Phillies home games yet. I recently had the experience of buying tickets for a Boston Red Sox home game in April via their website and I had to log on early on the day that tickets went on sale and then remain in the virtual waiting room for nine hours before I had an opportunity to purchase my tickets. Is it this crazy for tickets for Phillies home games too? Should I plan on getting on their website early on the day that tickets go on sale and plan on waiting for hours like I had to for Red Sox tickets? I know that I can always get tickets through Ticketsnow.com or the StubHub, but I would prefer to buy them directly from the Phillies since there is no mark up. Do you think that the fact that they're playing the Tigers will make tickets harder to find, since the Tigers are the reigning AL champs, or are Phillies fans not really into inter-league games and more into the regional rivalry games like the Mets, Braves, etc.? Thanks in advance!!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phillies Tickets Hard to Get on Their Website?

Sultana, in order to make sure that you obtain the tickets for the game, I would do the same process and log on early in the day that they go on sale (this wednesday I think). Although I would think that you would not have much of a problem obtaining Tigers tickets, you really never know, so to be safe, I'd start early.

The only games that are tough to get tickets for (and that you HAVE to do this for) are normally the Yankees, Red Sox, and fireworks tickets. Yanks and Sox fans are all over the philly area and those games are usually held on big weekends, while fireworks games are a fun time around the 4th of july (with great fireworks).

You should be able to get them rather quickly and easily if you go to the phillies website when they go on sale. I doubt that there are that many Tiger fans in the philly area, but the phillies are going to be pretty good this year, so most weekend games will probably be close to (if not) sold out. Let us know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phillies Tickets Hard to Get on Their Website?

Thanks for your suggestions. I am really looking forward to this game because I am a huge Phillies phan and my husband is a huge Tigers fan. We are staying at the Westin which I recently found out via this forum is the road hotel for the Tigers in Philly so now we really can't wait! Go Phils!!!

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phillies Tickets Hard to Get on Their Website?

Wow! It was really easy getting tickets! I logged onto their website at about 5:30 this morning and discovered that even though individual game tickets don't go on sale until 7:30 this morning, I could go ahead and get tickets to the game we want to attend because it is a special promotion night. They were even offering a $7/ticket discount for online orders! I also noticed when I checked back at their site at about 6:30 that they had already made tickets available to all of the games--an hour early. This made my day!!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phillies Tickets Hard to Get on Their Website?

That's great that you got your tickets with such ease. Yeah Phils tickets aren't too hard to get these days, mostly due to the # of games, and the fact that they go on sale so early. Most people don't know if they want to go to a game this far in advance, unless like i said previously its the yanx, sox, or fireworks.

But that's great to hear that you got your tix and are all set. Enjoy your time in philly and at citizens bank. Maybe this will be the year the phils can get over that hump and get some playoff baseball back in this city.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phillies Tickets Hard to Get on Their Website?

Thanks! I too am really hoping that this will be the year. They keep coming sooo close...The game that we're going to has a promotion called "The Sound of Philly" and I guess that Boyz II Men are going to be entertaining before the game. Sounds like fun!

Thanks again!

6. Re: Phillies Tickets Hard to Get on Their Website?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 13:19