We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morimoto- is it worth the money?

Boston
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Morimoto- is it worth the money?

We are going to Philadelphia at the end of the month to celebrate our anniversary. We have always wanted to go to Morimoto's restaraunt and made reservations for lunch. I read quite a few reviews, and they seem quite dredful. Should I cancel? Are there any other romantic restraunts that are great for lunch?

Thanks.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morimoto- is it worth the money?

I went once for dinner and it was excellent. The best sushi and best tempora I've eaten.

A friend ate there two weeks ago and was raving.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morimoto- is it worth the money?

I've heard excellent raves as well from friends who have been there. Never been there myself - my husband is not a sushi fan, so I need to go with a friend or four one of these days. I'd keep your reservation - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Suzanne

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morimoto- is it worth the money?

The best way to do Morimoto is to to the tasting menu. It is pricey but well worth the cost, as you get to sample many different dishes.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Morimoto- is it worth the money?

Hubby and I did the chef's tasting sushi menu. It was out of this world! We were blessed to me the Iron Chef himself on our visit. I'd keep the reservation! Moms

mt. laurel
Level Contributor
122 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morimoto- is it worth the money?

husband and i did the tasting menu for his birthday last year, and we will NOT do that again. didn't care for most of the courses. however, i imagine that if you go and order straight off the menu, you might fare better than we did. unfortunately, it was very pricey and we weren't impressed, so we will not be returning. plenty of other yummy starr restaurants in philly to keep us busy.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Morimoto- is it worth the money?

The Clash is correct there are plenty of other Starr Restaurants in Philly to keep any palatte happy. IMO many of the others are superior to Morimoto but still we enjoyed Morimoto. Moms

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Morimoto- is it worth the money?

morimoto has really good food and a fun atmosphere - but is very very pricey. in my opinion its more fun with a group than on a romantic date.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Morimoto- is it worth the money?

If you decide aganist Morimoto's, two other Starr restaurants I would highly recommend for a special evening out are Tangerine and Buddakan - Tangerine being my favorite, in all honesty.

Suzanne

9. Re: Morimoto- is it worth the money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 07:17