We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

Hi...We will be first time visitors to Hershey PA. Thinking about going in June 2007. What is the difference between the Hershey Lodge and the Hershey Hotel. Any recommendations on which one to stay at? We have a 7 and 9 year old. Know of any websites to get package deals?

Thanks!

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

Also, where would be a great place to stay outside of the resort area. We like nicer hotels, around activities and not too far from the park.

Recommendations would be appreciated!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

The Hershey Hotel is a 4 star Historic property. Very nice hotel but fairly pricey. Not sure what your budget is. Last summer they ran at about $389 a night. The main building room has some nice views but are usually smaller since it is the original. They have a new section with no views but the rooms are larger. If you can afford the rates, it is a lovely hotel.

The lodge is a 3 star less expensive than the hotel. Last summer, I believe their room rates ran about $279. The lodge is a huge hotel since it is a convention center property. You will definitely see more kids running around at this property. Nice hotel but not the elegance as you would note at The Hotel Hershey.

Plusses about staying at either Hershey Property is that you can get into the park an hour earlier than other people, discounts on your park tickets, complimentary shuttle to and from park which saves the hassle and parking fee, and complimentary tickets to the hershey gardens near the hotel hershey which arebeautiful, and the hershey museum near the park. This is how it worked last summer so please double check to make sure it is still the same.

Both hotels have package deals. Some have the room and certain meals included, they have room and spa packages, room and golf packages. You can find them on www.hersheypa.com and then click on lodge or hotel hershey. Best thing to do is call since they might not have everything posted on the site.

There are several other hotels in the surrounding area but since it is your first time going, I would suggest going for one of the hershey properties.

hope this helps.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

I started a new post instead of responding to you....multi-tasking-dinner, homework, tripadvisor...sorry....look at the post entitled "we like hershey lodge" it was intended for you. oops

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

All the Hershey hotels are booked for June 19-23rd. I am soooo confused looking at all the different hotels around the area. I want to find a hotel that will have an arcard and pool for the kids 7 and 9. Any thoughts.....

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

I meant arcade...Also - how far is Harrisburg from Hershey area?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

Harrisburg is about 15-20minutes to hershey. Not a bad drive. There is the Sheraton Harrisburg/Hershey which is nice and has an indoor pool. Nevermind, just checked on expedia for the dates you want and said nothing available. You could still try calling direct. There are several other hotels in this area. Courtyard by Marriott, Wyndham. Courtyard got good reviews on TA. It does say these properties are available. There is a big hilton in downtown Harrisburg but then you have to pay to park and it is right in the city.

good luck

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

one more thing- i just saw that the hilton garden inn, hershey is available for the dates you want. 2 miles to hershey park. Indoor pool,fitness room, microwave, and refrigerator in room. dont know about an arcade but according to expedia there is playstation in the room. According to their direct website, it says they only have 1 king bed left but I would call the hotel direct to see what they have and you could always book 1 king and they might get a 2 bed one to cancel. Never stayed at this hotel but heard good things.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

The Sheraton Harrisburg/Hershey mentioned in an earlier post is the former Wyndham Hotel (was a Marriott before that). There is a Wyndham Garden across the street, which makes matters confusing to people who are not familiar with the area. The new Courtyard by Marriott is very nice and the Holiday Inn on Lindle Road recently completed a major, multi-million renovation. I haven't heard many positive things about the Wyndham Garden and would suggest checking out the Sheraton, Courtyard by Marriott, or Holiday Inn instead if you wish to stay in this area of Harrisburg.

9. Re: Hershey PA in June - Accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 11:23