We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark Airport to Philly

Hong Kong, China
1 post
Newark Airport to Philly

I am arriving at Newark Airport at 11pm and would like to get to Philly. I can't take Amtrak since it is too late. Thinking of uber or lyft. Are there any shared lyft or uber? Just worried about safety. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
2,933 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Newark Airport to Philly

Contact

https://www.davesbestlimoservice.com

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Newark Airport to Philly

Don't forget to factor in the time for baggage claim and customs. I would strongly consider staying at an airport hotel for one night then head to Philly the next day.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 03:16
Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
150 reviews
3. Re: Newark Airport to Philly

There is shared uber but at that time of night I would not expect to find a share for that distance (about 90 minutes of driving). Your best bet as noted is a pre-set shuttle or car service or hotel and next day.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,650 posts
659 reviews
4. Re: Newark Airport to Philly

I definitely wouldn't take uber, that would have to be pretty darn expensive for that time frame.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
150 reviews
5. Re: Newark Airport to Philly

Unless surge pricing is in effect its not too bad. About the same as a car service. The problem is that the Uber Driver is now stuck trying to find rides on the way back at that time of night or has to eat return gas and tolls.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,650 posts
659 reviews
6. Re: Newark Airport to Philly

"Unless surge pricing is in effect its not too bad. About the same as a car service"

Around how much would you say? I would think around $150-$200.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,872 posts
97 reviews
7. Re: Newark Airport to Philly

It may be less expensive to stay at a hotel near the Newark Airport, and then take the train down to Philadelphia in the morning than to take Uber or a car service the night you arrive..

8. Re: Newark Airport to Philly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2018, 05:17