We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South street question!!

southern Germany
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
South street question!!

Hallo to all,

I understand, that South street offers a lot of fun shops. But a look on the map shows, that South street is very long.

Which part is the interesting one (close to Front Street and the

lower part or more to the upper part at 21 st. etc.)?

Are there "special" shops that are unique and we should not miss?

Greetings, Q.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South street question!!

I can't advise too much on which shops in particular to see, but the fun area of South Street is from Front Street to about 8th Street

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South street question!!

South Street is a real mixed bag with a few nicer shops among some "trashier" wares. It is largely geared toward teens and twenty-somethings. There's a website for the area:

www.southstreet.com

You may be particularly interested in an area on 4th Street south of South St called Fabric Row. There's information on the area on the South Street website.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: South street question!!

I agree- not much past 8th street... but it's more like "not much at all" (unless you like bars).

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South street question!!

Between around 10th and Broad it's kind of a no-man's land with some crime from time to time. There are a few bars around 15th that are fun (Bob and Barbara's is worth seeing). From 21st to 23rd there is a really nice area. It has good bars, new coffee shops, good restaurants, and cool stores....but that is part of a neighborhood, and not really considered "part of" South St.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South street question!!

Hi and thank you to everybody.

Yes, we will go to fabric row and as we are close, we will have a look on South street, too. But, you are all right, doesn´t seem to be sooo interesting for us...

I have to go to "Crash, Bang, Boom to get a t-shirt as a present!!

Greetings,Q.

6. Re: South street question!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 23:17