We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid afternoon dining suggestion?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mid afternoon dining suggestion?

Meeting a girlfriend in town from Boston tomorrow in Philly. She has never been to Philaedelphia before and is getting a car at the airport, and is proceeding to her meeting on N 4th St. straight from the airport.

She wants to meet for a late lunch around 3-3:30. Problem is, I am finding that many restaurants stop serving lunch around 2:30 (like Buddakan, where I planned to take her). Continental serves until 3:30, but I wanted to have a backup plan in case she is running late. Since she is not familiar with downtown, I wanted to keep it easy for her and stay around the Old City area of town, not too far from her meeting.

Any other suggestions for this odd hour of the day (and a Monday, as well?)

Thanks

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid afternoon dining suggestion?

I went on Open table and typed in tomorrow's date for 3:30 pm, Old City and Northern Liberties (sinced that would be close to her meeting as well. Here's what I came up with:

LaScala's in Old City (italian) - I've never been there. It's at 6th and Chestnut - although from what I can tell on Open Table, they will serve you at 3 pm, but it's from the dinner menu

Philadelphia Fish & Co - very good for seafood. Lunch goes till 4 pm.

DiNardo's serves at 3 pm, again, it is from the dinner menu

Maybe the Society Hill Bar and Grill at 3rd and Chestnut? On their website, it looks like they are open all day.

Hope this helps, not many options - I am surprised!

Suzanne

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid afternoon dining suggestion?

Thanks Suzanne,

I also am a opentable member and got the same results that you did. My friend is not a seafood lover, or I would have opted for Phila Fish Co., a favorite of mine. I have never been to La Scala, so have no opinion about that option. I am hoping she will be early enough to make the Continental lunch time...otherwise I am a bit out of options. Suprized as you are about the few options available at that hour. My only other option is just to go to the Hyatt at Penns Landing for a late lunch. At least the view is nice.

Thanks

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid afternoon dining suggestion?

Fork has a Midday menu ~ they do serve this menu until 5:00 on Fridays. www.forkresturant.com

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid afternoon dining suggestion?

Thank you Heather.

I will use Fork as a backup plan. Good to know they have a mid day

menu; and are right in the area we will be today.

Fairmount City...
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid afternoon dining suggestion?

Also Amici Noi (Italian) is very good without having to go into South Philly. They're on Market b/wn 2&3rd st. Fork also has Fork Etc. next door to the restaurant. for their gourmet deli takeout store, and a huge counter table you can sit and have a nice meal.

6. Re: Mid afternoon dining suggestion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 18:19