We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled permit parking?

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DC suburbs
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disabled permit parking?

Hello,

I will be traveling to Philly to see the King Tut exhibit and many of the other wonderful sites and am wondering whether disabled permit parking (aka handicapped parking) is readily available at most places of interest.

Thanks in advance for any input.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disabled permit parking?

Around the Franklin Inst. there are handicap meters. I am not sure what kind of accomodations the FI parking garage has though.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disabled permit parking?

Generally, you will find a handicapped parking space at either end of a Center City block for the east/west running streets. I can't recall whether the same is true for north/south streets.

Lynn

DC suburbs
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disabled permit parking?

Thank you very much for your replies. I can't wait to go! :)

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disabled permit parking?

I did notice one hadicap meter this morning next to the FI ~ on the corner of 21st & Winter. It was one spot in from the block.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disabled permit parking?

Correction to my earlier post: The hadicapped parking spaces are the first spaces as you approach each block (so you don't have to back in.)

Lynn

6. Re: Disabled permit parking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 09:27