We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

old city area hotels - hotel help!

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
637 posts
1 review
Save Topic
old city area hotels - hotel help!

A friend is having a going away party in Philly in about a month and the agenda includes going out in olde city after dinner at Monks (i think that's the name). A few of us were looking to stay over so we didn't have to worry about driving home.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the vicinity or relatively close by? I'm not all that familiar with Philly and it's different areas....

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: old city area hotels - hotel help!

Hmmmm. Your friend may have a few things confused. There are many great places for eating/drinking in Old City, but Monk's is not there. It is, however, an easy cab ride away and I highly recommend it to anyone who really likes beer. That being said, are you interested in Old City, or in a hotel walking distance to Monk's? Also, what price range are you considering?

Lynn

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
637 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: old city area hotels - hotel help!

I believe she realizes they are a short cab ride away....apparently she wants beer and burgers from Monks one more time before she heads overseas for 3 years for work.

I'm thinking we would rather stay in Old City so we can possibly walk home after going out... but Im open to whatever is easy to cab it too.

Three of us would be splitting a room most likely...but I guess we'd like to keep it under 300 bucks max ( including tax)....obviously if we could get a nice room for cheaper that would be fantastic.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: old city area hotels - hotel help!

There are so many great places now near Monk's to go to afterwards, plus you would be close to your hotel ( if you stay in CC).

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: old city area hotels - hotel help!

If you use Hotwire.com you can easily get a 4* hotel room for under $300, and likely under $200. When you go to the website use 19106 as the desired zip code. Hotwire will show you options in several areas of Philly. You'll want either Historic District/Penns Landing or Center City East. Historic District includes Old City, but is further from Monk's.

Lynn

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: old city area hotels - hotel help!

Let me know what date you are coming in and I'm more than willing to help find a nice hotel for you.

Suzanne

6. Re: old city area hotels - hotel help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 20:17