We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to hotel

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lawrence KS
6 posts
Save Topic
Airport to hotel

What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel?

It is just my wife and I and we travel pretty light.

We are staying at the Hoilday Inn in the Historic District.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
139 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to hotel

Cheapest (& best way) is to get on the comfortable R1 regional rail line and get off at Market East station (11th & Market) and walk 6 blocks east to your hotel.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to hotel

I agree that the R1 is cheapest and best, the total cost will be $11 I believe. If you want to avoid a wait for the train and the walk, a cab will be $25 plus tip.

Lawrence KS
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to hotel

What is the time difference between the two?

Thanks for the quick response. We leave for Philly in the morning and it is going to be a great trip thanks to all of the info on these posts...

Lawrence KS
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to hotel

After looking closely at the SEPTA website, I should just buy a day pass since I am going to a Phillies game later that night.

A day pass will cover my ride from the airport and to the ball park all for 5.50, right?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to hotel

The train leaves the airport every 30 minutes. It then takes 30 minutes to get to Market East, then figure on 10-15 minutes to get out of the station and walk to the hotel. Figure from 45 to 75 minutes depending on how long you wait for the train.

www.septa.org/service/sched/r1_sat_sun.html

The cab should take 15-20 without traffic, which there shouldn't be tomorrow unless there's something going on downtown I don't know about.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to hotel

Going from the hotel to the Phillies game will require 2 tokens for each of you (they come in 2-packs for $2.60). It's a subway ride. An all day pass would save you some cash here.

Lawrence KS
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to hotel

And I can buy the all day pass at the airport, right?

Any chance of catching a 1:09 train if our flight gets in at 12:55 on Southwest?

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to hotel

Make sure everyone in your party has tokens for the ride back. It is really difficult to buy tokens at the stadium subway after a game.

Have a wonderful time ~ and don't forget to indulge in all of the wonderful delights at the stadium!

9. Re: Airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 03:20