We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

Hi- We are flying in for the game on Sunday, May 20 (got a great deal on Southwest). I am so excited to see the stadium and my favorite player, Aaron Rowand (former Sox). Anyway, the eateries in the stadium listed on the Phillies site sound great. What are your favorites? Are the cheesesteaks inside the stadium good, or should we just wait until after the game and go to Ginos, Jim's, etc? Are there any "can't miss" features in the ballpark that we should see.

Thanks for the help!!!!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

opps- Can't Wait is what I meant!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
325 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

I don't like the steaks at the ball park -they are usually more greasy/rubbery. My favorite is a hotdog with peppers in onions-- don't get them from thh consessions, get it from the carts. Also, buy crab fries from the chickie's and pete's stand (fries with old bay seasoning.)

They are all in the outfield stands.

Get there a early and tailgate in the parking lot --make some friends, it's a crazy fun time.

As for Rowand being your favorite player, good choice! He's mine too.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

Thanks so much for your help! Cannot wait!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

Defninitely check out asburn alley in the outfield. It runs mostly in left field and has an assortment of attractions, and vendors.

As for can't be missed food, I'd say the C&P crab fries are can't miss. The pork sandwiches from Tony Luke's are great, as well as the sausage with peppers & onions, which was mentioned.

There is also Mcfadden's which is more of a sit-down restaurant/bar attached to the stadium. It often gets really crowded before and after games though. Bull's BBQ is another great place for BBQ in ashburn alley. I'd say your best bet is to take a look around and see what tempts you, and try to do a little of everything.

Rowand's really playing well this year. Have fun.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

Thanks so much Chuck!!! The fries sound great! Will probably take your suggestion and try a little of anything that tempts me!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

Another vote for the crab fries - they are awesome.

Suzanne

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

only left field gates open 2 1/2 hours before the game, you can catch batting practice and eat till you drop. I like the BBQ ribs and Tony Luke's cheesesteak. Bring a matt, see if you catch any batting practice homers.

langhorne, pa
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

Definately come early and maybe snag a player autograph or two. Enjoy the crab fries (yum!) and the stadium. Maybe you'll get lucky and Cole Hamels will be pitching. My favorite ; - )

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

You have all been so helpful! Will let you know if husband catches anything during batting practice.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can'w Wait-Going to Phillies Game Sunday-Questions

We personally love sitting at Harry the K's to watch the game. Perfect view, good service, decent food.