We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester Springs...
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant that you can walk to near the Franklin Institute?

Thank you for your help!

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

Darling's Cafe ~ directly across the street is a cute little cafe that has a nice selection of sanwiches, etc. They are actually known for their cheesecake ( which are very good).

Public House ~ Large selection of burgers, sandwiches, salads. Also good.

Mission Grille ~ OK. More upscale dining. Lunch menu is smaller entrees, salads, etc. Dinner is all entrees. IMHO, not really worth the price.

Mexican Post ~ Fabulous Mexican and very resonable. This location opened in the Winter and has a Steven Starr feeling to it.

Aya's Cafe ~ Med. Fare. Nice selection. Food is good and reasonably priced. BYOB.

Gibbsboro, New...
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

Someone must have read my mind. I am going tomorrow night with a "Golden Ticket" to see Tut and the IMAX. We are looking for a place to take my nephew. He' not from the area and would like to show him Philadelphia food...Are these places listed above open late night ( 8-9ish)?

thanks

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

Yes ~ they are all open. I only one that I would not reccomend taking children to on weekend nights is the Public House. It is a very popular spot for drinks on those nights.

Gibbsboro, New...
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

Thanks!!

doylestown
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

How about Devon Seafood grill? Any comments?

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

Personally, we love Devon. Never had a bad meal. I especially like the lunch menu. It is a bit further of a walk though.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

Also like Devon. We always have a great meal and it's consistent. I believe it's a chain and suspect they cater to tourist and business travelers, which makes the consistency the more surprising. We're locals and go there more than some of the more "highly touted" places.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

Yes ~ It is owned by Houlihans.

Some people are turned off by that fact, however, like you just said it is always consistant with the food and service.

9. Re: Restaurants near the Franklin Institute

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 11:21