We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are my options to get to the Airport?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What are my options to get to the Airport?

I'm in Gulph Mills and looking for reliable airport transfer and am having difficulty finding anything under $70 - $95 each way.

I'd prefer to arrange my transfer to PHL in advance as well as pick up on my return. I'd prefer private transfer as opposed to a group "limo" service, is taxi cab my best option?

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are my options to get to the Airport?

Have you tried Tropiano?

Not sure what the cost would be from GM, but I have found them to be the most resonable for their services for private cars.

(215) 616-5370/ (800) 559-2040

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,299 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are my options to get to the Airport?

I'd stick with a sedan service, which IS going to run you about $70 plus tip each way. Anything less expensive is going to be shared.

As far as taxi's you usually cannot pre-book those and it must be one with an airport medallion, which can be a problem.

Tropiano's is good. I use bookalimo.com, since they are national. Not always the cheapest, but they are competitive and offer good service. One note, they do not send the cars themselves, they contract locally, but they stand behind their subcontractors.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are my options to get to the Airport?

Thanks for your replies, I'll give Tropiano a call. I think I can pick up the shuttle from the Marriott nearby if I decide to go "on the cheap".

4. Re: What are my options to get to the Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 22:17