We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

street /meter parking near rittenhouse square

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
street /meter parking near rittenhouse square

My hair salon is in rittenhouse square area near sansom. Is there any street/meter parking in this area so I can avoid the costly garages for an average of 2 to 21/2 hours? I am willing to walk some blocks for this.

Thanks in advance

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: street /meter parking near rittenhouse square

There are usually some meters on Cherry & Arch between 20th, 21st & 22nd that are open. About a 10 minute walk to RS. Not sure about your timing though.

If you are working nights & weekends-

The cheapest monthly lot that I know of is in the area on Arch and 19th- $120 for nights & weekends.

There is also a lot on 16th & Spring for $5 after 5PM and weekends.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: street /meter parking near rittenhouse square

Ask the Hair Salon if they have a validation deal with any facilities nearby, a lot of places like that in CC do.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: street /meter parking near rittenhouse square

Heather is on the money about the possibility of open meters around 20th and Arch and that general vicinity. I have met my husband many times for lunch in that area and have never had to park in a garage. You may have to drive around a bit, but hopefully you will find something in that area. I'd also check out the validation thing as well, though.

Suzanne

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: street /meter parking near rittenhouse square

Also, just be careful with your time if you do use metered parking - they mark the tires of your car and uphold you to the time frame that you are alloted. Not worth getting a ticket for, that is for sure!

Suzanne

5. Re: street /meter parking near rittenhouse square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 02:19