We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels that are near active nightlife.

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MD
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels that are near active nightlife.

What hotels have a lot of after hour activities within walking distance? bars, clubs, etc. Any really fun part of town for a young (26ish) couple.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels that are near active nightlife.

The hotels themselves may not have a lot of active nightlife, but check out the Old City/Society Hill area for hotels and you will have tons of nightlife the minute you step foot outside your door. Hotels to consider would be the Sheraton Society Hill, the Omni Independence Park, the Best Western Independence Park, and the Penn's View Inn. The Holiday Inn Historic District has a good location, but I don't love the hotel - that being said, I have heard that it was recently renovated, so perhaps that could be an option as well. Good luck!

Suzanne

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels that are near active nightlife.

I would do one night in Olde City & take a cab for one night up around Rittenhouse. Some great bars in the area are:

Drinkers

Noche

Devil's Alley

Barristers

Loie

Continental

Black Sheep

Fado

Misconduct

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels that are near active nightlife.

Hi

I'm staying at the Sheraton Society Hill - How much for a cab to Olde City? Is it safe for a single female?

Thx

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels that are near active nightlife.

The Society Hill Sheraton is less than two blocks from the southern edge of Old City. If the weather is nice I recommend walking. The area is very safe, but as in any major city use your smarts.

Lynn

5. Re: Hotels that are near active nightlife.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 06:19