We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philadelphia hotels??

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki
7 posts
Save Topic
Philadelphia hotels??

Going to Philly in December. Can you advise me of a couple of good hotels? Thinking of Loews or Marriott - any opinios?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philadelphia hotels??

What will you be doing while you are here? What kind of amenities do you like in a hotel? What is your price range? How many people?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philadelphia hotels??

Yes, give us some more specifics (including dates of stay in Philly) and we'll be happy to make some more recommendations. Often you can get a great deal on a hotel in Philadelphia via Priceline or Hotwire - if we know when you are coming, happy to help you navigate around those sites and what hotel you could be getting.

Suzanne

Helsinki
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Philadelphia hotels??

I'll be there in the first week of Dec (4 nights). Looking for some nice hotel in a good spot (this will be my first time in Philly...), around 200 USD/night would be great. Thanks!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Philadelphia hotels??

If you give me exact dates, I'll see what I can find. Prices fluctuate from night to night in some instances. What could be $179 one night could be $329 the next...

That being said, I ran the entire 1st week of December on Expedia and the Sofitel is coming up for an average of $198/night, the Radisson Warwick at an average of $148/night, the Doubletree at $189/night. If you go the Hotwire or Priceline route, you could probably get something less expensive than those prices.

Let me know --

Suzanne

Helsinki
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Philadelphia hotels??

I'm arriving on 12/4 and staying until Friday or Saturday (12/7-8). So, 3 or 4 nights. I would appreciate if you can recommend some centrally located nice hotel (max.250 USD/night). Also, what attractions should not be missed?

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,114 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Philadelphia hotels??

I ran the dates and the Marriott is coming up way outside the $200 range, Loews slightly over.

The Radisson Warwick in Rittenhouse square is coming up fairly reasonably and is not a bad choice.

The Hampton Inn is coming in at $109 per night and is in a very central location, if you want something reasonably priced and are ok with basic rooms.

One of the difference between the two might be what you want to do in evenings. The Hampton is closer to the historic stuff but the area is pretty dead at night. The Radisson is a few minutes walk further away from the 'touristy' stuff, but Rittenhouse Square has a lot more to do in the evenings.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Philadelphia hotels??

I ran 12/4 to 12/8 on Hotwire and there is a 3* hotel in Center City East for $92/night that is either the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree. I've stayed at both and they are good hotels, especially for that price. With Hotwire, once you book it is non-refundable so you'd have to be sure of your dates.

On Expedia, I ran the same dates and the Radisson Warwick that Loonbeam mentioned is coming up at an average of $149/night for those same dates, the Loews averages $219/night and the Hampton Inn is just as Loonbeam said at $109/night. The Hampton Inn also includes breakfast for that price. If it were me, I'd probably go with Hotwire's 3* for $92/night - that is a very good deal. If you are looking for the most upscale hotel out of the ones mentioned, it is probably the Loews - but you'll pay more than double than what you would at staying either the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree. The Radisson Warwick has been getting very good reviews since their recent renovation and the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood is a nice place to stay.

Let us know if you have questions!

Suzanne

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Philadelphia hotels??

I would clearly bid on priceline on a 4 Star Hotels. I have gotten places like the Westin, Loews, Hyatt @ Penns Landing. The max I bed was around $150 range area but since it is the holiday season try to go abit higher. Book early also to get the room.

The downside on priceline is that once you booked it, it is yours and cant be cancelled. I have not problems with my stay on those 4 stars hotels.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Philadelphia hotels??

What do you plan to do while you are here? "Good spot" is determined by your interests and plans.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Philadelphia hotels??

You can also get Marriott "Buy ONe Get One Free" Weekend night coupons on an online auction site for about $8 each. They are good at the Philadelphia Marriott.