We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small outdoor wedding in Philly?

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Small outdoor wedding in Philly?

Does anyone know of a nice hotel or B&B in the Center City area that does small weddings (15-25 people)? We would really like an outdoor ceremony. We will have people coming from out of town who have never been to Philly before, so it would be nice to be close to main attractions and/or South Street. Thanks!

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small outdoor wedding in Philly?

It's not in Center City, but the Valley Green Inn would be a fabulous place for an outdoor wedding.

www.valleygreeninn.com

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,048 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small outdoor wedding in Philly?

I'd check the Four Seasons.. Pricey, but they could probably accommodate you.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small outdoor wedding in Philly?

Both Loonbeam and Heather make good suggestions. Valley Green Inn would be really nice, as it is situated right in Fairmount Park, but it is 15 minutes from downtown.

The Four Seasons would be excellent, but as Loonbeam suggested it is pricey.

I'd also look into the Morris House Hotel, the Independence Seaport Museum, Waterworks and Physick House (they have a really nice garden.)

Suzanne

Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Small outdoor wedding in Philly?

Thanks for the suggestions! I came across the Morris House Hotel also and it looks like a great option. I'll check out the others too.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small outdoor wedding in Philly?

Some of the properties mentioned are under the care of Independence National Historical Park. I'd inquire with the Park Service to learn all of their locations available for weddings. You would be walking distance to a good number of hotels.

Lynn

6. Re: Small outdoor wedding in Philly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 19:18