We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

septa question by phila airport

waikiki8200
4 posts
Save Topic
septa question by phila airport

I am looking to stay at the Hampton Inn by the Philadelphia Airport. I am taking Septa from 30th St. on the R1. Can anyone tell me which stop I would need to get off at and how close is it to the hotel? Thanks!!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,918 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: septa question by phila airport

The R1 only goes to the airport, not any of the nearby hotels. There may be a shuttle bus run by the Hampton Inn to and from the airport, but you'd have to check with Hampton.

waikiki8200
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: septa question by phila airport

thanks! I was looking at the Septa schedule and there is a stop labeled Eastwick. It looks like it is pretty close to the hotel, but I don't know how close

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,918 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: septa question by phila airport

Hmmm... it just might be walkable. Check with the Hampton Inn.

waikiki8200
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: septa question by phila airport

again, thanks! I did call, but the person I talked to was an idiot. Maybe I'll try again later and hopefully talk to someone who knows something. :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
932 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: septa question by phila airport

It looks like it's about .8 mile between the station and the hotel. Bartram is a busy highway, but I don't know what the area is like immediately around Eastwick Sta. Hopefully, you'll find someone at the hotel who can help.

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: septa question by phila airport

Their website lists shuttle service from PHL. I would take the R1 into the airport and pick up the Hampton shuttle. These arrive in the baggage claim area. There is a bank of phones from which you can call the hotel. Once in the hotel and rid of your baggage, you can catch a "lay of the land" and decide whether to pick up the train for return to Center City at Eastwick stop.

waikiki8200
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: septa question by phila airport

awesome, thanks!

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,086 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: septa question by phila airport

Agree completely with journey guy. Get off at one of the airport terminals and take the free shuttle back to the Hampton. It will take a little extra time, but will be more comfortable and convenient.

The Eastwick Station is unattended and, except in peak periods, has an isolated feel to it. It is a few dozen yards off the street, is more like a bus stop and doesn't get a lot of passenger or foot traffic. The last time I was there (daytime), I didn't feel terribly unsafe (but, hey, I live in a Detroit suburb!), so much as potentially vulnerable. In the early afternoon, I was literally the only person there. The station is within a walkable distance from the Hampton Inn (daylight only), but it on the edge of parking lots for a number of hotels and I wouldn't consider it to be a comfortable trip with luggage.

On your trip to the airport, you will pass the Eastwick Station (it is the last station before the airport terminals) and you can check it out for yourself for future reference.

9. Re: septa question by phila airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 00:16