We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni or Penn's View Hotel?

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
orlando
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Omni or Penn's View Hotel?

Which would you recommend for 2 adults for a romantic getaway? The price of Omni is $5 more/night. We've never been to Philadelphia and are most interested in seeing the historic stuff so Omni's location looks better. We will have the city pass so we do have the option of the hop on/hop off bus, which looks like it stops fairly close to Penn's View.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni or Penn's View Hotel?

The Omni is in the best location for sightseeing and is a beautiful, new, but old-world looking, full service hotel. The Penn's View is right next to I-95, and is small, boutique hotel. I would definitely choose the Omni between the two for a romantic getaway.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,114 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni or Penn's View Hotel?

Honestly it depends what you are looking for. The Penns View has more individualized rooms and is a smaller hotel. The only downside I am aware of is some people find the I-95 traffic noise a bit offputting (and some say they never notice).

On the flip side, the Omni is a larger and more standardized hotel.

Personally you can't really go wrong with either one.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni or Penn's View Hotel?

If you want the jacuzzi and fireplace setting, go with the Penn's View and ask for a room on the quieter side of the building if possible.

If you want a full service hotel with all the amenities, go with the Omni. I hear it has a really nice new spa.

But I agree with Loonbeam, can't really go wrong with either choice.

Enjoy!

Suzanne

Fairmount City...
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni or Penn's View Hotel?

I also would vote for the Omni for a romantic getaway, because they never disappoint me with their excellent service, little perks and the prime location.

Delaware
Level Contributor
156 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Omni or Penn's View Hotel?

Hi

I attended a wedding at the Omni and the service was excellent. I recommended the location to the bride and she was thrilled with the area.

I believe there is a nice restaurant( which I have dined at several times) at the bottom of the Penn's View. For location I would choose the Omni.

For one of our anniversaries, my husband and I stayed at the old Bellevue, which is I believe now a Park Hyatt. We enjoyed that hotel and received excellent treatment. They even upgraded our room when I told them it was our anniversary. The Park Hyatt is more in Center City but you could hop on the Phlash to move around.

Have a great time!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Omni or Penn's View Hotel?

If you are into wine at all the Penn's View is the place. William Eccleston presides over the winbe program at the Panorama Room which includes a 100 botttle Cruvinet where they do plenty of different flights.

7. Re: Omni or Penn's View Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 08:19