We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Route from Pamler, PA to 30th street station

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palmer, Pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Route from Pamler, PA to 30th street station

I will be commuting from Palmer to Philly on a regular basis for the next 4 years. I have gone on the Bieber bus once from Allentown to 30th Street station and it is not too bad, except i have to get on the bus very early. someone suggested Lansdale but it is a farther drive and I am unsure of the how long the train takes from Lansdale to 30th Street Station. Will appreciate any answers as well as any suggestions on how to improve my commute. Thanks!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Route from Pamler, PA to 30th street station

It is about an hour from Lansdale to 30th street on the train. www.septa.org

The best and quickest way would be to drive.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Route from Pamler, PA to 30th street station

The ride is 45-60 minutes (depending on the train) from Lansdale to 30th Street on the SEPTA R5. I think it is your best bet. Trains leave Lansdale and arrive at 30th as follws:

517-617 am

548-645

620-710

636-720

649-737

706-751

715-807

730-817

746-836

819-910

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Route from Pamler, PA to 30th street station

Agree with the above info. Might add that there are a couple of "express" trains out of Lansdale which have fewer stops and thus, arrive more quickly. They cost the same as the regular trains, and you'll want to hit one of them, if it works with your schedule. Parking is quite reasonable at the Lansdale station--check rates on Septa site. Also, the Colmar station, which precedes the Lansdale stop, has a lot of parking, and is conveniently positioned right along route 309. You may want to check rates from there as well. The station and area also feel a bit less threatening if returning after dark.

Palmer, Pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Route from Pamler, PA to 30th street station

Thanks a bunch everyone! I guess I'll go through Colmar, it's easier for me to stay on 78 until I get to 309. Just need to check the departure times from Colmar to 30th Street. Once again, thanks a bunch!!

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Route from Pamler, PA to 30th street station

I think there may be fewer "express trains" thru Colmar--that would be my only reservation. You may save time by driving the extra five minute to Lansdale, depending on your needs. Otherwise, the Colmar station is quite convenient and easy to use.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Route from Pamler, PA to 30th street station

309 will take too long. You are better off staying on I-476 and going to Lansdale, and as mentioned, there are many more trains than at Colmar.

7. Re: Best Route from Pamler, PA to 30th street station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 06:19