We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best cheesesteak near Liberty Bell?

PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Best cheesesteak near Liberty Bell?

We are taking visiting friends to Philadelphia for the day this Saturday. Their only requests are to see the Liberty Bell and have an authentic Philly cheesesteak. Where would the best place to take them for a cheesesteak that is within walking distance of the Liberty Bell/Independence Hall area?

Thanks!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,390 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best cheesesteak near Liberty Bell?

Campo's, 2nd & Market.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best cheesesteak near Liberty Bell?

We just went to the Liberty Bell on SAT and I remembered somebody on this forum had recommended the Reading Terminal. What a great place!

I don't remember the name of the place with the cheesesteaks but they were soooo good! it was right in the center of the marketplace and the lines were long but it was well worth it! it was a little walk west on Market st.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best cheesesteak near Liberty Bell?

In the RTM "By George" now makes cheesesteaks. Maybe that's where you got it.

Lynn

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best cheesesteak near Liberty Bell?

Regarding places near the Liberty Bell, someone recently raved about Gianfranco's on 3rd Street just north of Market. They make excellent pizza so it wouldn't surprise me if their sandwiches are all that too.

Lynn

PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best cheesesteak near Liberty Bell?

Thanks,everyone,for the suggestions! I especially like the idea of going to the Reading Terminal Market. I think our friends will enjoy seeing it and there are so many choices of what to eat.

California
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best cheesesteak near Liberty Bell?

We were just there and we had a cheesesteak from "Carmen's." My hubby and I are foodies and we liked it even better than Pat's. They don't make it with cheez wiz but use provolone. It was tasty!

PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best cheesesteak near Liberty Bell?

We ended up going to Reading Terminal Market. My friend loved his cheesesteak from Carmen's. The rest of us all had something different. My chicken enchilada from 12th St.Cantina was great. Thanks, again, for all of the suggestions.

8. Re: Best cheesesteak near Liberty Bell?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 03:18