We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phila airport Sheraton(s)?

florida
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Phila airport Sheraton(s)?

I'm hoping that someone can please tell me the difference between 2 Sheraton airport hotels. They seem to have almost the same address, but not quite. One is Sheraton Suites; the other 4 Points Sheraton. I am looking for a park and fly hotel, somewhere that will be quiet and convenient after a long, late flight. I'm confused about whether these are 2 diff hotels and if so, which is the better bet. Thank you very much.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phila airport Sheraton(s)?

They are two different hotels. Sheraton suites is just that, larger, 2 section rooms with a sofa, 4 points is more of a standard room, they are both nice however. Also in the Sheraton brand is the new Aloft, same location, all offer a shuttle.

One note, it sounds like you want to stay AFTER you park (and return). Be sure your package allows that, many park-and-flys require you stay first.

There are other options if you need post-trip sleeping.

florida
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phila airport Sheraton(s)?

Thanks so much for your prompt and helpful reply. Yes, the stay would be post park/fly. We'll be jetlagging and don't want to drive the additional 2+ hours to get back to our home in MD. We're looking for someplace very quiet and comfortable, hopefully not near traffic noise and hopefully somewhere that has good soundproofing and good thick walls between rooms. I've heard that the Marriott is quite quiet, but have also learned that they don't do park and fly. What would you suggest?

Thanks again.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phila airport Sheraton(s)?

If you would like to use the Marriott (and I do recommend it since it is physically connected to the airport), you can choose to park off-site.

On arrival at the airport, park your car at any off-site lot (I recommend Pre-Flight parking, there are many others). The shuttle will take you to the terminal for your departing flight.

On arrival back, head to terminal B and take the bridge to the Marriott, get a good nights sleep. In the morning, simply use the bridge to go back to the airport, walk down to baggage claim and hail the parking shuttle as it passes to be taken back to your car. The distance to most lots is comparable to the hotel shuttles.

florida
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phila airport Sheraton(s)?

But using the Marriot would virtually double the cost, i.e. the cost of the hotel room and add to that the cost of parking for 10 days. Or am I not thinking this thing through clearly enough? (We don't have Marriot points or anything like that--it's just that I'd read that it's quiet-- and it's obviously very convenient. E.g. I'd hate if the shuttle for one of the other hotels took a long time to pick us up. After the long flight, we'll be eager to get to a good hotel and hit the sack. But not at double what it'd cost to do one of the Sheraton or other park and fly hotels. Again-- unless I'm not figuring this accurately?)

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phila airport Sheraton(s)?

You might be right, I didn't take cost into account, only convenience and quiet.

It looks like the Sheraton runs around $179 (didn't have dates) and the Marriott is closer to $250 + 7 days parking $11 so $327. If cost is an issue the Sheraton will be a better bet.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phila airport Sheraton(s)?

To answer your second point, it seems to me that the hotel shuttles run about every 20 mins during peak times, during down times (late night mostly) you may have to call for a pickup.

One key note, I ran ParkSleepFly for numbers as well and didn't come up with the Sheraton as an option for a lot of dates, I had to hunt randomly till I found one to get a rate.

The other options they give for Philly I don't like as much.

florida
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phila airport Sheraton(s)?

Thanks, Loonbeam. I appreciate all the help you're giving, especially as no one else seems to be offering any. Yes, cost definitely does matter. I.e. if it were a difference of $50 or so to get better convenience and probably more comfort (Marriot), we'd do it. But several hundred dollars difference is too much. Thanks again for your generous assistance.

8. Re: Phila airport Sheraton(s)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 06:20