We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helium Comedy Club

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Helium Comedy Club

My 21y/o daughter and I will be in Philadelphia staying at Crowne Plaza (1800 Market St.)and were considering a comedy show. Would it be safe for two women to walk home from Helium (2031 Sansom St.)less than 1/2 a mile to our hotel at about 10PM or should we take a taxi?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,116 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helium Comedy Club

Should be plenty safe, providing you observe "big city rules". Walk up Chestnut or Walnut, not Market, as it can be a bit desolate at night. Chestnut and Walnut are busy. Sansom is usually okay, too, but the sidewalks are too narrow and the scnerey is not very interesting.

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helium Comedy Club

O.K., but map looks like we would have to walk on S 19th or S 20th Street between Chestnut and Market?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,116 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helium Comedy Club

Sansom is between Chestnut and Walnut. Walnut is 1/2 block out of your way, but a nicer walk. 20th, 19th, 18th are all fine. I would walk south on 20th to Walnut, turn left and walk on Walnut to 18th, then turn left on 18th. It's a prettier walk.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
512 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helium Comedy Club

What day of the week is this? There will be people crawling all over that area if it's on a weekend night. Personally I'd feel just fine there. 10pm is just about when most people start to head out so I wouldn't worry too much. That said, obviously just be smart. It's not a bad area though.

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helium Comedy Club

Thanks so much, just what I needed to know!

6. Re: Helium Comedy Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 05:22