We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,064 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

Haunted poe is presented by Brat Productions, a group who always serves up something different. The half price tickets are for 10/2 and 10/3.

[BTW, Terror Behind The Walls is also half price this weekend. Code is WRAITH]

Here is a link to Brat's site: bratproductions.org/production/haunted-poe

Here is a link to buy tickets. Use the code FUNPOE:

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/74007

Here is the event description:

A tell-tale heart begins to beat…

160 years after his mysterious death, Edgar Allan Poe returns from the grave to haunt you with his most terrifying tales and poems. In a 10,000 square foot warehouse in South Philadelphia, Brat Productions presents a unique and utterly theatrical take on a Halloween tradition—the Haunted House. You move from room to room. Down twisting hallways. Through the heart of darkness. Into the unknown.

Grounded in some of the best-known and most chilling works ever written, HAUNTED POE offers an immersive, multiple-sensory experience devoted to Poe’s peculiar genius. The show features scenarios adapted from “The Tell-tale Heart,” “The Raven,” “The Black Cat,” “The Fall of the House of Usher,” “The Masque of the Red Death,” “The Cask of Amontillado,” “The Murders in the Rue Morgue," “The Pit and the Pendulum” - and more!

Costumes, masks, puppets, hidden passageways, magic lanterns, optical illusions, music and video all serve to take Poe’s themes of madness, suspense and the supernatural to a frightening new level. In each room, around every corner, a new surprise awaits. Think you know Poe? His words will haunt you – Evermore!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

I'm really interested in that Haunted Poe place. I've always been a fan of Poe...wonder if I can convince my family to go with me. Has anyone been? My kids love things that are scary, just wondered if it would be scary enough.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,064 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

It opened last night. We are going tonight. I'll report back.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
625 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

My son and his girlfriend (both 16) went to the Penitentiary last night. Son said it was very well done and startling. He also said that it was good to know that the people that jump out cannot touch you but that they come within inches of that.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,064 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

So as not to spoil it ofr you, I won't tell you anything about Haunted Poe except for the following:

1. It was one of the most incredible pieces of theatre we have ever seen. Do NOT miss it. Order your tickets now. "We" includes three people who have been involved with theatre (Producer, Director, Lighting Designer).

2. Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to stand for 90 minutes.

3. It may be hot inside.

4. You must be able to climb steps.

5. The only bathroom is a port-a-potty, outside and around the corner.

6. Do not get it confused with the Fright haloween attraction right around the corner on Swanson Street. You enter on Jackson Street.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

Owlyn...do you think it would appeal to high school age, or would it be lost on them or not scary enough?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,064 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

i think it would appeal to anyone who has read any of Poe's classics, or has had any exposure to Poe. I would think that by high school, a student would be familiar with The Raven, Tell Tale Heart, Lenore, etc.

south philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

this code for half off doesn't work! is there another?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

The half price deal was only valid for the specific dates noted in the original post. Sorry!

south philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

ah! okay, thanks for getting back to me!

10. Re: Haunted Poe - Half Price Preview; also ESP Terro Half Price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 05:15