We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mummer's parade

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Topic
Mummer's parade

I would like to bring the family to see the Mummer's parade, but am having trouble finding any info on it at websites. Can anyone recommend to me a website where I might find more info about the Mummer's parade, if it is going to occur this year, where to stay in downtown Philly, etc.

Also, if you can recommend any kind of a Mummer's package--my sister-in-law says there are sometimes deals to be had for a night in a hotel and a late discharge. I called the Doubletree, but they didn't seem to know!

thanks.

Erie,Pa
Level Contributor
101 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mummer's parade

Try Independence Visitor Center at 1(800) 537-7676. The visitor center is open seven days week, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m..They should know about packaged deals-----www.gophila.com

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mummer's parade

here's a link to information about the parade

gophila.com/C/…1489.html

I don't know if you will find a specific mummers parade hotel package, because the parade itself is free to the public

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mummer's parade

thanks for the link.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,211 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mummer's parade

Note that if the parade follows Broad street, the doubletree does have rooms facing the street, they are in demand and often reserved for Hilton members with status tho.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,207 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mummer's parade

There are ticketed parts of the New Years events. If you want to see the fancy brigades (skits with canned music and very large, often mechanized props) then you need to get tickets because this event is held at the Convention Center. I prefer the stringbands that march in the parade. Each band performs a series of songs along a theme and has choreography to match.

Also by ticket only are the bleaher seats near the judges' stand.

Lynn

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mummer's parade

thanks to everyone for the tips!

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mummer's parade

can anyone tell me how close the Doubletree hotel is to the Mummer's parade route?

thanks

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,211 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mummer's parade

Pretty much on it.. The rooms facing Broad street should be able to see it (although not hear it so well - windows don't open)

Edit - Clarification - The Fancy Brigades will not pass the doubletree, they turn off of Broad prior to head to the convention center. All other pass the hotel.

Edited: 02 December 2009, 03:04
Durham, North...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mummer's parade

excellent! thanks

10. Re: Mummer's parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2010, 06:16