We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel - first time with kids

new jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel - first time with kids

We're traveling July 4 weekend and trying to decide between the Loew's hotel and Holiday Inn Historic. The kids and my husband have never been to Philadelphia.

Thanks in advance.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel - first time with kids

No decision-Holiday Inn Historic

The Loews hotel is more of a business hotel and is located near the Convention Center. This area is not nearly as nice as the historic area, where the Holiday Inn is located.

Edited: 27 May 2010, 14:45
Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel - first time with kids

Ditto.

(I sense yet another FAQ coming that we should do).

new jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel - first time with kids

Terrific, thanks so much. I'll book now...

4. Re: Which hotel - first time with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2012, 11:29
Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel - first time with kids

The Embassy is a good choice but not one of the options the original poster asked to consider....

6. Re: Which hotel - first time with kids

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 December 2012, 01:59
new jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel - first time with kids

I appreciate all of the information. I asked about the specific hotels because they are in our price range (Embassy is slightly more expensive - at least at 4th of July) but I am very glad to have it as an option for this trip or for subsequent trips (hopefully this is first of several trips to the Philadelphia area!). I am grateful for all the info on these forums.- so thank you for the responses to my specific question, and for offering more info. I have definitely benefited from all of it!

Thank you to all for your suggestions. We are looking forward to our trip.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel - first time with kids

Also, the Embassy Suites has no pool and chances are, it will be hot in Philly in July with kids and the pool will offer a nice respite between activities and sighseeing. I have 3 kids and usually recommend the Embassy Suites chain for families - but not the one in Philly due to lack of said pool. FYI, Holiday Inn Historic has a outdoor pool and Loews has an indoor lap pool.

Suzanne

9. Re: Which hotel - first time with kids

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 08:16