We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary ideas??

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Topic
Anniversary ideas??

My husband and I will be married 6 years next month and I wanted to get some ideas on somrthing fun and different to do in the city (or surrounding areas) I should mention that I am 20 weeks pregnant, so nothing too strenous :( or wine related:(

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary ideas??

Dear Newlywed (my wife & I just celebrated our 36th anniversary, so anything less than 15 years is newlywed to us):

Congratulations on your anniversary & on your upcoming addition. You should consider one of the Bed & Breakfasts in Bucks County. From there you can explore Doylestown, New Hope, Washington's Crossing, & Lambertville NJ. The outlets in Flemington NJ would also be a short drive away. I enjoy driving along the Delaware River on the Jersey side (Route 29 North), then crossing back over at Frenchtown & coming back on the Pennsy side (Route 32 South).

There are plenty of good restaurants around. My only word of caution is that, if you're going on a weekend, New Hope can get very crowded.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary ideas??

I love the idea of a B&B. You might want to consider a weekend at the shore-maybe Ocean City or Cape May.

I have stayed at this B&B in Ocean City and highly recommend it.

http://www.northwoodinn.com/

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary ideas??

Here is where I would stay!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g53315-d580006-…

Looks relaxing, romantic and lovely. It's close to many restaurants, shops and beautiful drives and gentle walks.

In the city, I love The Rittenhouse Hotel or The Four Seasons for an anniversary as well. Both have nice pools (the Four Seasons pool is nicer), great restaurants (again, the edge goes to the Four Seasons) and lovely rooms (The Rittenhouse wins this one hands down!)

Tell any of these establishments that it is your anniversary and they will treat you well. You might want to mention to them that you are pregnant so they don't serve you champagne. Both the Four Seasons and The Rittenhouse treated us to treats (chocolate covered strawberries at The Rittenhouse and, I think it was cheese, fruit and crackers at The Four Seasons both gave us Champagne). Moms

4. Re: Anniversary ideas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 06:16