We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

Surprising my soon to be 13 year old daughter with Justin Bieber tickets for her birthday. I would like to take them someplace fun to eat before the concert which is going to be at the Wachovia Center. Any ideas? I am not from Philly, so I haven't a clue. I thought about 'Distrito' which has a great fun and funky atmosphere, but I just took my 24 year old niece there, and we weren't wild about the food.... at all, and our server had the personality of a fork, if that. Ha.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

sorry you didn't like Distrito....maybe you should try El Vez this time. or Max Brenners.

Edited: 22 October 2010, 04:29
Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

Oh, I do not regret going there, I just do not think I would return. I did a bit of research tonight and 'Marra's' sounds like it might be a good choice, but I will check out the ones you suggested as well. Many thanks!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,761 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

Marra's is one the great old red gravy stand-bys. A good choice, plus it is close to the concert. Parking can be a bit of a challenge, and the streets there can be confusing because of the diagonal Passyunk Avenue. Worth it if parallel parking and one-way streets don't intimidate you.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

The Melting Pot is also very nice and different.

http://www.meltingpot.com/

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

Marra's would be good if you are looking for a comfortable, unpretentious basic Italian food and pizza. Be prepared for parking challenges. You could also take them to Maggiano's, which is a chain, but has a fun family atmosphere, and is located in a central area convenient to parking, and you could also take the subway to the concert from there.

Edited: 22 October 2010, 14:14
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

Thank you for the great suggestions! Last year before my oldest daughter and I went to see Michael Buble' we ate at L'Angolo Ristorante and it was fabulous, but parking was harrowing at best! I swore I was going to take off my side mirror on my car going down one street, and I swear I held my breath the whole time. I was amazed at how people park in the middle of the main road, and everywhere else, legal or illegal. Ha. It was such a fun experience, and it was very close to Wachovia Center. I like the 'family atmosphere' for the younger girls. I have never been to "Melting Pot' either, so I will check them out! Getting excited! Thanks so much!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

I'd consider Melting Pot (easy to get to and park, because its attached to a parking garage) and Max Brenners because I have yet to meet a 13 year old female who won't go nuts over a chocolate themed restaurant.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

Oh, I think Max Brenner's might just be the ticket! I looked at the menu, and it looks good and seems like it would be a fun place to go, and I have yet to meet a 52 year old woman that doesn't like chocolate. ;-) Thanks!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Justin Bieber-Wachovia Center- Where to go to eat before?

Given there will be the concert, reservations strongly recommended (via OpenTable). It's not a large place.