We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip report & thank-you!

New York
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Short trip report & thank-you!

Hi- I just wanted to thank all of you with your great advice about Philly-what a great city! We went last week-end (Sat-Tues), and saw so much!-My favorite was the prison, and the double decker tour bus-we also went to all the museums, historical sights, ate dinner at McGills (not sure if that's the name, but it's the old pub on Drury lane, down an alley). We stayed at the Embassy Suties-they had a package with breakfast and parking,plus it's a suite, so I thought for around $200 a night, that was pretty good. I would highly recommend the hotel-staff very friendly, and very clean. Breakfast was very good too. I also thought that was a great location. On the way home we also went to the zoo. All in all it was a great trip. I'd love to go back in the spring-maybe check out more of the prison! Thanks again to all of you for your advice, and especially to you "locals!"

Lynn

Founding Footsteps
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Patriot Harbor Lines
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Big Bus Tours
Bus Tours, City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Philadelphia Sightseeing Tours
Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short trip report & thank-you!

Thanks for the report. Did you end up using the City Pass like you planned? If so did you find it a good value?

PS that tavern is McGillins

New York
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Short trip report & thank-you!

Yes, we used the city pass-we used every coupon, so I think we saved about $100.00. We went to the aquarium the day we arrived, crossed over to Philly, then on the way home hit the zoo. I think it was a good mix-some museums, some historical, throw in a pub or too, and we were good to go! We were very impressed on how clean the city was, and not too awfully congested. Of course I'm only going by a small area-you walk in NY city and it's wall to wall people!

3. Re: Short trip report & thank-you!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 06:22