We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal A to B

Spennymoor, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Terminal A to B

I am arriving from england into Terminal A and have 1 hour 40 mins to get my connecting flight to Las Vegas from Terminal B. Can anybody give me advice and directions as to what I need to do with luggage etc. I fly next week so any help would be much appreciated.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,200 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal A to B

Hello there!

You will arrive at terminal A-West, which is not close to terminal B. The airport layout goes from west to east, starting with terminal A-West, then A-East, then B, C, and so on. So technically, you will arrive at the very end of the west side of the airport, and move east to the B terminal (pls see the map below).

You will have to go through customs, collect your luggage, and then re-enter the airport's secure area before proceeding to terminal B. This is, however, very easy to do and you do have plenty of time to do so.

There's usually a customer service rep by the luggage claim area to help you with any questions that you may have.

http://www.phl.org/flashterminalmap.html

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal A to B

Assuming everything is on time, you should be fine if a little tight (I generally recommend a 2.5 hour layover for intl flights, just in case of problems). As noted, you will likely arrive at A west and be directed to the arrivals hall, where you will clear customs after collecting luggage. You re-drop your luggage in the same area (it will already be tagged) and clear security - from there it is a 7-10 min walk to the B/C gates depending on your speed and which gate it is.

Check the monitors as soon as you can, flights move gates within B/C fairly often.

Tenerife, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal A to B

We are flying on Sunday from Barcelona to Vegas and have a flight connection in Philadelphia. Both flights are with US Airways. Do we need to collect our luggage in Philadelphia or is it possible to check the luggage through?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal A to B

You will need to claim and re-check your luggage for US Customs. Since we have so many airports, all customs checks are done at the initial point of entry.

Tenerife, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Terminal A to B

Thank you very much.

Hope we have time before our next flight! We arrive at 1.45pm and leave at 3.55pm.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terminal A to B

2 Hours is bare minimum. Do you know where your connecting flight is leaving from? If its A-East, B or C you should be ok barring delays. F could be a challenge.

Tenerife, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Terminal A to B

Connecting flight is from B so hopefully we'll make it.

Although getting a little nervous now after reading other discussions on the internet saying that it can take a very long time to get through customs at Philadelphia. Fingers crossed we make our connecting flight!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Terminal A to B

It's all going to depend on number of other flights arriving when yours is. It's about a 10 min walk at a fast pace from A-West to B.

9. Re: Terminal A to B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2012, 05:16