We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40th Birthday Celebration - Girls Weekend - where to stay?

Arizona
Level Contributor
127 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
40th Birthday Celebration - Girls Weekend - where to stay?

I said a lot with the title.

My friend's 40th birthday is coming up in October and she wants to do a girls weekend in the city of Brotherly Love. She wants a nice place for us to stay where we can celebrate her birthday but not break the bank in the process.

I believe she was looking for a place with a suite that we could all share, if that's possible.

I would appreciate any and all advice!!!

Updated to add: She just told me she prefers Center City.

Edited: 05 May 2011, 21:34
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,826 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 40th Birthday Celebration - Girls Weekend - where to stay?

First check out our Where To Stay FAQ which is located near the top right of this page. After you get some ideas, we can answer specific questions.

Arizona
Level Contributor
127 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 40th Birthday Celebration - Girls Weekend - where to stay?

Maybe I'm missing something but that "Where to Stay FAQ" doesn't really give me any information on hotels that are in the Center City area. I only saw a single paragraph about Center City, but nothing to indicate any actual places to stay.

Anyone else have any suggestions. I have never been to Philly, so I know nothing about any of the hotels in the area.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
955 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 40th Birthday Celebration - Girls Weekend - where to stay?

Center City refers to the entire downtown area of Philadelphia which consists of several neighborhoods. All of the areas listed under Center City in the FAQ are in Center City (such as Old City, Convention Center area, etc.). Looking at suite hotels will limit your choices somewhat, but your choices would include the Residence Inn, Embassy Suites, and Windsor Suites. I would also consider the Sofitel or Palomar which will put you closer to Rittenhouse Square, but they don't have suites.

Arizona
Level Contributor
127 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 40th Birthday Celebration - Girls Weekend - where to stay?

When i click on the FAQ-Where to Stay: this is all I get. There isn't a lot of detail under there three topics. What am I missing?

From the Philadelphia Destination Experts

FAQ: Where to Stay

A guide to Philadelphia hotels by neighborhood

Where to Stay

A guide to Philadelphia neighborhoods and recommended hotels. ... (more)

Family Friendly Hotels

A guide to hotels suitable for families, from suites hotels to hotels with pools. ... (more)

On a Budget

Hotel prices can be high - try Hotwire or Priceline for deals - or check out these hotels which offer good value for moderate prices ... (more)

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,772 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 40th Birthday Celebration - Girls Weekend - where to stay?

Click through to the Where to Stay link (line 3) and it will take you to a several paragraph article explaining the various areas, then we can help you narrow it down a bit.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
955 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 40th Birthday Celebration - Girls Weekend - where to stay?

Did you click on (more) following "A guide to Philadelphia neighborhoods and recommended hotels" ? Clicking on either more or the heading should take you to the article.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 40th Birthday Celebration - Girls Weekend - where to stay?

here is the link in case you couldn't find it tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60795-c116523/Philad…

8. Re: 40th Birthday Celebration - Girls Weekend - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:16