We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

Hi,

Any recommendations for very yummy restaurants near Rittenhouse Square. I am coming from NYC for the evening to see a friend who is in from overseas. Neither of us know a thing about Philly, but we have from 6p-11p to explore. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Thanks loads

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

There are literally probably 70-80 decent venues in that area. Looking for any specific type?

I'd suggest checking out OpenTable for some ideas.

New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

We are looking for something medium priced. Main criteria is very tasty well prepared food. Was hoping someone had a favorite or 2 that we could try.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

Not sure what you mean by Medium price, but I like Max Brenners.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

Take a look at Matyson, too.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

if you are used to New York prices then everything will seem reasonable to you.

Some restaurants I enjoy in that area that have very good food include: Tinto (Garces, small plates), Parc (French Bistro with sidewalk cafe), Alma de Cuba (Cuban), Dandelion (british pub), Oyster House Philly (raw bar/seafood), Fish (seafood).

If these seem too expensive let me know.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
345 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

I like Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
17 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

Parc and Rouge are next door to each other and are right on the square. They have outdoor seating which is fun for people watching. If you are not from the area, eating right on the square is a fun experience. Friday Saturday Sunday is off the square and has excellent food. It's highly rated on Trip Advisor. I think of all of these as medium priced. Of course, you can make any place expensive if your bar tab is high.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
35 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

We enjoyed Devon for seafood, the outdoor seating looks right into the park. The food was great.

9. Re: Restaurant near Rittenhouse Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 15:17