We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night, sorry to say

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oregon
Level Contributor
262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
one night, sorry to say

We are only spending a night in downtown Philadelphia and have to leave early the next morning. Just myself and my 17 year old daughter. We are staying at the Marriott, on an August Thursday night, not arriving until 4 via Amtrak (hopefully on time). I see most sites and museums close at 5, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a later closing at any sites near this location? Sometimes museums have later closings one night a week. Or, a suggestion on a short, safe, self-guided walking tour downtown early evening. Also, any nearby food (not too expensive, love ethnic) suggestions for dinner for a vegetarian (I'll spare you the cheesesteak question)? Wish I had more time...

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one night, sorry to say

During the summer the Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and the Independence Park Visitors Center are all open until 7 p.m. For more info go to the National Park Service website.

Here's a link to self-guided walking tours

http://www.ushistory.org/districts/index.html

When you are done touring you can eat at one of the little ethnic restaurants on the 100 block of Chestnut. I really like Ariana, an Afghan restaurant.

Lynn

Edited: 29 June 2011, 02:37
oregon
Level Contributor
262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one night, sorry to say

Thank you! I found the summer program guide from the NPS site. Perfect! And I will look for Ariana. Very helpful.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,769 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one night, sorry to say

As a vegetarian, I can confirm that Ariana is a great choice.

4. Re: one night, sorry to say

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 23:18