We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wells Fargo Center vicinity v. downtown

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
194 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Wells Fargo Center vicinity v. downtown

Looking for a reasonable hotel for a one night stay. Seeing a show at Wells Fargo Center on a Tuesday night. We will be driving to Philly, so we'll have to park the car at the hotel. I'd rather park the car and walk or take a subway to the Center to avoid traffic and parking. Would like to have a nice dinner on show night, so any recommendations on a nice restaurant would be appreciated also. We'll be checking out on Wednesday, heard something about a Polish store on Richmond Street (Krakus?). Is the store worth checking out?

Mentioned in this post
Wells Fargo Center
Wells Fargo Center
402 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
Likely To Sell Out
Philadelphia and Amish Country Tour...
410 Reviews
from US$169.00*
Special Offer
Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia
158 Reviews
from US$21.45*
US$33.00
Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off Bus City...
272 Reviews
from US$32.00*
Old City Walking Tour in Philadelphia
25 Reviews
from US$25.00*
phila
Level Contributor
277 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wells Fargo Center vicinity v. downtown

So much more fun staying in Center City if you can. There are a number of reasonably priced hotels (including a Holiday in around 13th and Walnut) which are in a good location and convenient to the subway. Lots and lots of restaurants are in that area, from hip and trendy to cheap to expensive. What kind of food do you like?

If you want to eat closer to the Center, there are a lot of restaurants in South Philadelphia, but not a whole lot that are walking distance to the Center.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
194 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wells Fargo Center vicinity v. downtown

Thanks. Do I google "center city philadelphia hotels" - I know there are tons of hotels in Philly, I just want to google the right area. Is there a subway nearby we can hop on to Wells Fargo?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
194 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wells Fargo Center vicinity v. downtown

Any type of menu is fine with us. Don't mind paying more if the food is good.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wells Fargo Center vicinity v. downtown

Please look at our Where to Stay and Getting to the Stadium FAQs.

We don't recommend staying in the stadium at all. There are limited to no food options and the hotel is mediocre at best.

There are many downtown options that will work better.

We only recommend the Wells area for a concert only stay.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
764 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wells Fargo Center vicinity v. downtown

I would check the Courtyard Marriott at City Hall & the Doubletree's rates. Both are on Broad St (Ave of the Arts) & very convenient to the subway.

The area around 13th & Sansom Sts has a lot of great restaurants including: Barbuzzo (Italian) Opa (Greek), Sampan (Asian fusion) & The Corner (comfort food). For a burger I like the Good Dog Cafe on 15th St of if you want a lah-dee-dah steak house experience Butcher & Singer at 15th & Walnut.

Mentioned in this post
Barbuzzo
Barbuzzo
673 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
Opa
Opa
156 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
6. Re: Wells Fargo Center vicinity v. downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 10:23