We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morimoto Philadelphia, and a few hours of sightseeing

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
571 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Morimoto Philadelphia, and a few hours of sightseeing

Call me crazy.

Some foodie friends and I are considering a day trip to Philadelphia (from DC) for the sole purpose of going to Morimoto.

It's tough to get into on the wkds, it seems, but apparently 5 PM on a Saturday is doable. This may mean arriving at noon-ish (Acela), wandering around until the early dinner, and back on Acela at 10 PM or so.

Does anyone have an opinion on that one, versus the one in NYC?

With 4-5 hours to wander, where would you head in Philadelphia this spring? Assuming nice weather of course.

Thanks.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morimoto Philadelphia, and a few hours of sightseeing

While there are many things you could possibly do, check this list of Philadelphia must sees. tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i21731-Philadel…

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morimoto Philadelphia, and a few hours of sightseeing

For simply wandering I'd stroll around Society Hill and Rittenhouse Square, both of which are neighborhoods in Center City (downtown).

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morimoto Philadelphia, and a few hours of sightseeing

I don't necessarily want to dissuade you from your plan to eat at Morimoto...but since you have one in NYC maybe you should try something else while you are here? Check out this list for info on the best restaurants in Philadelphia tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i28276-The_Ulti…

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morimoto Philadelphia, and a few hours of sightseeing

The OP seems to be from DC and wants comparison between the two Morimoto restaurants. I have no idea, but the Chowhound board might be able to help if no one here has a comparison.

If you're only staying 4-5 hours, Philadelphia seems a far more digestible afternoon of strolling around than New York.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,354 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morimoto Philadelphia, and a few hours of sightseeing

Personally I prefer the Morimoto's in Philly to the one in NYC, two reasons. I think the pricing here is a little better (has been a while since I compared), more importantly you CAN get in on a weekend here (good luck in NYC)...

Service and food quality are pretty much on par between the two, depending on your server.

New Hope...
Level Contributor
739 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Morimoto Philadelphia, and a few hours of sightseeing

I would wander around Old City. i have always found this an interesting place to stroll around. Also, you will right near the restaurant.

7. Re: Morimoto Philadelphia, and a few hours of sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:18