We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philly trolly system

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Philly trolly system

I am trying to figure out if taking the trolly system from around the Indepence hall area down to Citizen Bank field is easy. I have not ridden this system in Philly and have looked at their website but kinda confused on it. Has anyone ridden the trolly system in Philly, how easy is it to get on, finding stops and such?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philly trolly system

to get to the stadium, you would take the subway and not the trolley. Please see this link tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60795-c122987/Philad…

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philly trolly system

Wow, I thought the orange (broad street) line was trolly, thanks. I am trying to decide which location to catch it would be best. This may sound stupid, but the Broad Street line is a subway like the subway's in NYC? You go underground to catch this one or does it run above ground?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Philly trolly system

Hi indy4192,

There are no trolley lines that service Independence Mall (Independence Hall area) or the Stadium Complex (Citizen's Bank Park area). As mentioned by rocknroll52, SEPTA's subway system services both these areas. From Independence Hall, you can walk over to 5th St & Market St. There, you will find a subway entrance for the Market-Frankford Line. Take the Market-Frankford Line westbound to 15th St Station/City Hall. There, make the FREE interchange onto another subway line called The Broad Street Line. Take the Broad Street Line southbound to AT&T Station (last stop). That is where Citizen's Bank Park is (about 2 blocks east of the station).

The fare each way is the base fare price of $2.00 (or a token which costs $1.55 apiece). Please remember that there is a free interchange at 15th St /City Hall station for connections between both subway lines.

For travel information using public transportation, feel free to contact SEPTA Customer Service at 215-580-7800, or online at http://www.septa.org and use the online form or chat feature (http://www.septa.org/cs/chat/).

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Philly trolly system

Wow..thank you so much, this really helps alot. We are hoping to park at a lot on a street called Filbert and then walk around from there and figured it would be better to take public transit out to the Phillies game and back but for the life of me could not figure it out. With your info I think we can find our way around, thank you so much.

Ardsley, PA
Level Contributor
103 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Philly trolly system

Indy,

The SEPTA representative hit the nail on the head as to which lines to use. The Market-Frankford (Blue) line runs east-west through Center City and the Broad Street Line (Orange) runs north-south.

To make the free interchange between the lines, be sure to carefully follow the signs for the pedestrian tunnel between the two stations (15th Street for the Market Frankford Line and City Hall for the Broad Street Line). If you cross through a turnstile, then you've gone the wrong way and you'll have to pay or use another token for the transfer.

There are usually SEPTA employees or transit police around the stations who can help direct you if neeced.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Philly trolly system

It is so wonderful all the help I have gotten, looking forward to my second visit to philly.

7. Re: Philly trolly system

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 07:17