We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent: Where to stay in Pholly?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent: Where to stay in Pholly?

Hello

Snow storm collateral damage. Looking for a trendy area and decent hôtel where to stay tonight

Here for 24h

Any recommandation?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,922 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent: Where to stay in Pholly?

Any downtown hotel. Check out Palomar, Monaco, Omni, Society Hill Sheraton.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent: Where to stay in Pholly?

Thanks. I see méridien and destin. Any one better than the other? And how far is the AirPort by taxi?

I have Big luggage so train is not an option

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent: Where to stay in Pholly?

I meant Westin

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,922 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent: Where to stay in Pholly?

Airport is $28 plus tip. Ride is about 20 minutes if no traffic. Could be 40-60 mins during rush hour.

The hotels you mention are also good but not "trendy".

Edited: 08 February 2013, 23:10
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent: Where to stay in Pholly?

Thanks again for the help Owlyn.

I actually stayed at the Meridien, and honestly found it to be quite trendy, the design, the ambiance, the rooms...al was there. I had a breakfast and it was great too.

It is well located. However for those who want to be closer to the best streatch of the restaurants (10-12 min walking from the Meridien), I would recommend the Westin (in term of location).

Quick note: I tried the french Bistro Parc (on 18th?). really good. I was also recommended the Bistro Rouge, right next to Parc.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,922 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent: Where to stay in Pholly?

I am very happy to hear that everything worked out for you. Parc is very popular, and a great place to hang out. I thought about considering the Meridien as "trendy" but held back because of the location (not really near much in the evening). The two hotels everyone considers trendy are the Palomar and the Monaco. The other two I mentioned as trendy aren't really so much, but they are very nice, and in an area that has a high density of clubs and restaurants.

7. Re: Urgent: Where to stay in Pholly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:15