We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wineries along the way-Chadds Ford PA to Baltimore Harbor MD

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wineries along the way—Chadds Ford PA to Baltimore Harbor MD

Hello,

The girls are planning a party bus road trip, this spring, from the Chadds Ford, PA area to visit our college friend at the Baltimore Harbor. We would like to make some stops at some beautiful good wineries along the way. I know of Va La Winery in Avondale. Love that winery and will definitely stop there! Does anyone know of any nice wineries along the way to the Baltimore Harbor? Recommendations much appreciated. Thank you. AZ

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wineries along the way—Chadds Ford PA to Baltimore Harbor MD

My fave is MT Felix in Havre de grace. Boordy is another nice stop. Not a huge fan of Maryland wines but these two make a number of very drinkable varieties.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wineries along the way—Chadds Ford PA to Baltimore Harbor MD

I just checked out the websites and Boordy looks interesting. Thannks a bunch for your feedback—much appreciated! :)

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wineries along the way—Chadds Ford PA to Baltimore Harbor MD

Boordy has more sophisticated marketing but MF has better wines and wonderful grounds and tasting room.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wineries along the way—Chadds Ford PA to Baltimore Harbor MD

thanks for the heads up:)

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wineries along the way—Chadds Ford PA to Baltimore Harbor MD

Try them both and let me know if you agree.

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
830 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wineries along the way—Chadds Ford PA to Baltimore Harbor MD

If you are going down to Va La (which i like as well)....check into Paradocx. They have a tasting room in Kennet Square on US1 but the winery itself also has tasting ....it is a bit of back roads from Avondale. I assume you are also aware of Chadds Ford winery right on US1 in Chadds Ford.

Chester County's...
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wineries along the way—Chadds Ford PA to Baltimore Harbor MD

Galer Estate Winery would be a good first stop on your trip -- on the way from Chadds Ford to Avondale, just off Route 926 on Folly Hill Road. Their winter hours are limited, though, so check first.

8. Re: Wineries along the way—Chadds Ford PA to Baltimore Harbor MD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 04:16