We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B's near Old City or public transit

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
771 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
B&B's near Old City or public transit

Hello, we have plans to be in Philly for June's First Friday and would like to stay at a B&B close by, or stay at a B&B that is very accessible to the trolley to get us to Old City. We are hoping to keep the rate to less than $200/night. Do you have B&B suggestions?

Thanks!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B's near Old City or public transit

If you're talking about the SEPTA trolleys, they don't go to Old City. But other modes of public transit -- buses and the Market-Frankford subway line -- do.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B's near Old City or public transit

I would recommend staying in Old City itself. Recommended hotels include the Monaco, Omni, Wyndham, and Society Hill Sheraton.

I don't know much about B&Bs but if you have one in mind we can tell you whether or not it is convenient to Old City.

Mentioned in this post
Society Hill
Society Hill
45 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B's near Old City or public transit

Thomas Bond House is an Old City B&B, located on 2nd St. just north of Walnut.

Mentioned in this post
Thomas Bond House Bed & Breakfast
Thomas Bond House Bed...
324 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
771 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B's near Old City or public transit

My boyfriend stayed in a B&B a while ago somewhere in Philly that he said was walking distance to a pretty cool area with a whole bunch of thrift and vintage stores.

I was thinking about staying in Old City because of the First Friday event, but he would really like to stay at this place again. Unfortunately the only thing he remembers is the proximity to thrift stores and maybe a Cuban coffee house. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B's near Old City or public transit

check this website, maybe it will spark his memory. http://www.bnbphiladelphia.com/

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
771 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B's near Old City or public transit

Thanks for the website. I will have him take a look!

7. Re: B&B's near Old City or public transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:18