We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Airways from London

East Grinstead...
Level Contributor
288 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
US Airways from London

Hi all,

I apologise for posting this here, but I am guessing the city and this airline (US Airways) are intrinsically linked so I am hoping one of you guys can assist.

We have been booked on a flight from LHR to PHL on route to Boise, ID and I have heard odd rumbles that the economy seating has been improved, specifically the leg room, which was terrible last time I flew them back in 2009. Can anyone confirm this at all. I am specifically referring to the A330-300.

I have posted in the seatguru forum and had very little luck, it seems a very closely guarded secret (either that or my surfing skills are that poor).

Thanks in advance

Beau

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,323 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Airways from London

I would be very surprised if legroom has increased. Airlines have reduced the number of flights and need to get as many passengers as possible on each flight.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,402 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Airways from London

There was -minimal- improvement on the A330s that were reconfigured for the new Envoy class. As a result economy picked up about .5 inches of pitch in most rows.

Not something most will notice.

3. Re: US Airways from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 05:17