We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

Asia
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

We're looking for recommendations on a nice hotel in Philly (or nice nearby town near NJ border) for Grandma and the kids. We're namely looking for:

1. Nice hotel. Very clean, kid-friendly, pool would be great...and something that suits three generations --- I'm thinking a starwoods or the like would be best. Need parking.

2. We're going to Wells Fargo Center for a concert so easier path there. We'll likely drive or get a car; Grandma may take subway one way but not after.

3. If in Philly, we'd like to tour a little bit with the kids --- Liberty Bell, Rocky stairs, etc.. So a hotel near these would be best. But looking for an area of town that's not up-all-night loud.

Thanks very much in advance!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,216 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

Please see our where to stay and getting to the stadiums FAQ. We recommend staying in Center City and using the subway to get to the stadium complex.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

Here's a listing of family friends hotels with details about pools. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60795-s401/Philadelp…

The Four Seasons might be just right for you.

Asia
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

Thank you very much. Do you know if the Four Seasons is near the Art museum?

Asia
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

I just went to the link again -- Is the historic district the same as the old city area?

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

I agree that the Four Seasons sounds like a good fit if it's in your budget. The Four Seasons is near the art museum.

Old City and the historic area are two names for the same neighborhood. Old City is on the east side of Center City (downtown). The Four Seasons and the art museum are on the west side of Center City. Center City is compact. It's easy to get around by public transportation, and if your family is comfortable walking, you can get around a lot on foot.

I think renting a car and driving is the worst way to get to the Wells Fargo Center for an event if you're coming from Center City. I would take the subway. If you won't do that, then I think a cab is the next best option.

You should go beyond the steps of the art museum to see the great collection inside.

Asia
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

Thanks again! Is the art museum you're referring to the Philadelphia Museum of Art or the Fairmount Art Museum?

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,207 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

No, Old CIty and the Historic District are not the same thing, but they do overlap. The Historic District covers most of Old City plus most of Society Hill.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

This link may be helpful to you. It is a map of the stops on the Big Bus Tour. You can see the Four Seasons at Stop 14 and the Philadelphia Museum of Art at Stop 11. The historic area is near stop 1 on the map. bigbustours.com/eng/philadelphia/UploadedFil…

The Historic Area is often used interchangebly with the term Old City. This area is probably not what you are looking for, based on your desire to stay somewhere that is quiet at night. That area draws a young 20s drinking crowd, especially on weekends. The Four Seasons area is lovely and if I were picking a hotel for the grandma in my family that is where I would pick.

As you can see from the map, downtown Philly is very compact. You can easily walk, taxi or take public transit, or use the hop on, hop off bus to get around. In tourist season, there is also the phlash bus route.

philadelphiazoo.org/Visit/…PhlashMap.aspx

Edited: 14 June 2013, 23:40
Asia
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

Thanks so much, all. This is very helpful. I called the Four Seasons, they are completely booked up....the whole place. Graduations? I'll have to look into others.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice hotel in Philly area w Grandma & kids? Wells Fargo

I was referring to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. When are you coming?