We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th street station - rental car return

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Trondheim, Norway
6 posts
Save Topic
30th street station - rental car return

Hi,

does anybody know where to return an Alamo rental car? Pickup was in DC, so I don't know the place. WIll be there during morning rush, so it would be nice not to lame around too much.

Thanks,

G

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30th street station - rental car return

You drive right into the station property and it's marked. Watch for signs. You'll drive down into the underground lot.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30th street station - rental car return

The underground lot is closed now due to construction. I believe the cars are returned to the Cira Center outdoor garage. I can give you directions, but I need to know what road you will be taking in.

Trondheim, Norway
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 30th street station - rental car return

Thanks,, I will be driving in from west on Market St.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 30th street station - rental car return

As you get close to 30th Street, stay on the left as you will be making a left turn at the traffic light just after 30th Street Station. This is 29th Street AKA Schuylkill Ave. it does not show on Google Maps- it shows I-76, which is underneath 29th Street. After you make the left, stay in the center lane. After you go under the bridge, you will bear left onto Arch Street. You should see signs for the car rental return on the right. It all happens very fast, so go slow and ignore the horns. After you park the car, you need to use the pedestrian overpass to go onto 30th Street Station. Walk straight across the walkway, down the escalator, past the SEPTA train stairways, past the Dunkin Donuts and go down the ramp. As soon as you get to the bottom, the car rental offices are on your left.

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 30th street station - rental car return

Hi, I will be there on Monday 23rd June to collect a car from Alamo at midday and returning it the following Monday at 10am. Can you let me know if the underground garage is still closed and what the traffic is generally like at that time. I will be heading up and back the I76 towards King of Prussia (and further afield). Thanks

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 30th street station - rental car return

Traffic is usually no problem at those times. Not sure if the garage is open yet. I'll check this afternoon and post back this evening.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 30th street station - rental car return

As of today, the underground garage is still closed. Car drop off is still next to the Cira Center.

8. Re: 30th street station - rental car return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 06:16